Close With Confidence: Legal Due Diligence For Your Real Estate Transaction
Buying a home without legal counsel is a huge leap of faith when you are making possibly the biggest investment of your life. Is the other party being fully transparent with you? Are there issues lurking in that mountain of paperwork that could come back to haunt you?
For over 20 years, Melissa Suarez has devoted her law practice to facilitating real estate transactions in New Jersey and New York City. She takes great pride in helping clients confidently close the deal, knowing their best interests are protected.
A Full Service Practice In Real Estate Law
The Law Office of M. Suarez represents buyers, sellers, landlords, land owners, developers, agents and municipal entities in both residential and commercial real estate matters, including:
- Negotiation and purchase of single-family homes
- Purchase and sale of condos and co-ops
- Purchase and sale of commercial properties
- For sale by owner (FSBO) support
- Development of housing tracts, condominiums and multi-family and mixed-use properties
- Commercial and industrial development
- Commercial lease agreements
- Condemnation proceedings (“eminent domain”)
- Short sales and REO (lender-owned) properties
- Refinances and loan modifications
- Real estate litigation (fraud, nondisclosure, breach of contract, easements)
Why You Should Have An Attorney For Your Closing
Melissa Suarez has literally handled thousands of closings in 20-plus years of practice. She understands the fine print. She knows what questions to ask. She has developed a radar for unscrupulous sellers, lenders, or agents. Melissa can provide whatever level of assistance and due diligence you may need, including:
- Negotiation of purchase price, earnest money and other terms
- Contingency clauses
- Financing commitments from lenders
- Clear title (no liens or other encumbrance)
- Required inspections and disclosures
- Loan documentation at closing
The old phrase “let the buyer beware” applies in real estate transactions. Once the three-day Attorney Review window closes, you have less legal recourse if you discover defects or other problems after the fact. The goal is a smooth and stress-free closing, so that your biggest concern is how much you and your partner are spending at the furniture store and Home Depot to set up your new home.
If A Law Firm Can Be An Ally
Attorney Suarez is known and respected in LGBTQ+ circles. She gets regular referrals in the LGBTQ+ community as a safe and trustworthy advocate and adviser. Many of her real estate clients also turn to her for estate planning services and business law counsel.
The Law Office of M. Suarez welcomes people from all walks of life who want a consummate professional watching out for their interests. Melissa has been a member of the Greater Bergen County Board of Realtors, the Women’s Council of Realtors, and RealSource for real estate investors. She has also been selected to the list of New Jersey Super Lawyers for her prowess in real estate law.
Melissa is also fluent in Spanish and previously served on the Board of Directors of the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals, which fosters sustainable homeownership.
Get In Touch Today
Protect your investment and peace of mind. Most real estate transactions can be conducted for a flat fee. To arrange your free consultation, call the Law Office of M. Suarez in Englewood Cliffs at 201-971-4112 or use the online form. Se habla español.